Monday, September 5, 2011

Tanaka 21.1cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Straight Shaft Grass Trimmer Brush Cutter Review

I had been looking at string trimmers for a couple of months. My old craftsman (circa 1988) finally gave up the ghost. But everything I saw in the big box stores (the blue one and the orange one) looked cheap and flimsy in my price range (less than $200). So I decided to look around online and see what was available even if I needed to pay a bit extra for quality. I had heard about Tanaka but never considered it because my only contact was with a commercial lawn service that used their equipment. So I was looking mainly at Toro and Stihl hoping for a deal out there. A search on Amazon led to this Tanaka unit. There was very little information on the internet about it since it's brand new.
So how does it perform? Unbelievable! Power, power, power. The heavy brush on the lower part of our lot that I had been avoiding because of the sickly Craftsman met it's match and went down without a fight. The engine is very smooth with little vibration. It seems to be comfortable for a while (20 minutes or so) but I'm thinking about a sling. The straight shaft puts the cutter head right where you need it. It started right up with a a few pumps of the primer bulb and then restarted on an easy half pull of the starter rope. There was a little assembly required (mounting the cutter and the handle) but Tanaka even included the tools to put it together.
I wasn't surprised to come across this review of the Tanaka 21.1cc 2-Stroke Weed Wacker. I keep hearing great things about this weed trimmer. When it comes down to any trimmer most of the specs are going to be the same. You'll want something around 20ccs for home use and something a bit more powerful and more commercial for any larger areas but some weed eaters just preform overly well for their statistics and this is one of them.
I can already tell you that this is one of the top rated weed wackers on Amazon and is relatively new. It has received some amazing feedback and most of it is saying this is one of the best weed wackers on the market.
I have looked at dozens of weed wackers and we are starting to see a trend in the market. If you want a cheap throw away grass trimmer try one of those $99 electric grass trimmers. They work great for a few years but eventually will need a new battery. With the Tanaka 21.1cc 2-stroke grass trimmer you can forget all of that. This will be one piece of equipment you can expect to last even with larger yard sizes.
One other thing worthy of some serious mention with this string trimmer is that it is also advertised as a brush cutter. Most home use string trimmers do not have the power to be considered a brush cutter as well as a grass trimmer. Even if you aren't looking to do any heavy duty brush cutting with your grass trimmer it still says something about the power and quality of the Tanaka! Weed Wacker Reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment